Get Additional Help
How do I access my list of contacts in Google Apps?
In your Google Apps Mail window, click Contacts on the left.
Will I be able to find addresses of contacts when I'm composing an email message or inviting people to a meeting?
Yes, you can access Google Apps contacts picker, which includes the email addresses of all Special Olympics Ontario users in Google Apps. Access the contacts picker when composing an email message: Click the To: link.
Can I see the members of a mailing list in our company directory in Google Apps?
No, you can't view the members of a mailing list that was added to Google Apps.
Can I transfer my personal contacts from Outlook to Google Apps?
Yes, you can download Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook to import all your personal contacts (as well as email and calendar events) from your old account into Google Apps.
Other applications can import your personal contacts into Google Apps using vCards.
Is there a way to automatically add new contacts based on people with whom I've corresponded?
Yes. Whenever you send an email message to someone, the Google Apps contacts manager adds that person's email address to your Suggested Contacts list. You can then select the addresses you want to add to your personal contacts, as follows: On the left of your Mail window, click Contacts, and then click Suggested Contacts. Select the addresses you want to add, and then click Move to Contacts.
Can I add a contact or contact group that's in the company contacts list to my personal contacts?
Yes, if you've already sent email to the contact or group, you can quickly add it to your personal contacts:
- Open your Contacts list, and in the Search contacts field, start entering the contact's name or email address.
- When the contact appears, select it, and then click Move to My Contacts (above the contact's details on the right).
If you haven't yet sent email to a contact or group, you'll need to create a new contact and manually enter all the contact's information, including the email address.
Note: After you add a corporate contact to your personal contacts, you can add additional information to the contact's details. This information appears only in your personal contacts, not the corporate contacts.
Can I upload a mailing list from Outlook or Notes to my Google contacts?
Not directly, but you can quickly recreate the mailing list in Google Apps as follows:
- Open Outlook or Notes and display the addresses in the mailing list.
- In your Google contacts, click the New Group button.
- In the Add to group field, start typing the email address of a contact in the mailing list (refer to the open mailing list for the addresses).
- When the contact appears, select it. Google contact manager adds the contact to the new group.
- Continue adding contacts to the group.
Creating Contact Groups
Can I create my own mailing lists in Google Apps?
Yes, you can create "contact groups" by accessing your Google Apps contacts picker, and then creating a new contact group. Your contact group then appears in your personal contacts manager in Google Apps. To access the contacts picker:
- When composing an email message: Click the To: link.
- When creating a meeting invitation: In the event details window, click Choose from contacts under Add Guests.
For details, see the Create Contact Groups Document.
If I create a contact group, can I delete members?
Yes, you can edit a contact group to add or remove members at any time.